My first professional engineering experience happened at BA Healthcare, a company developing mobile robot solutions in healthcare. With several innovative projects, this French (Britain) company is at the peak of French robotics in the healthcare sector. My internship there consisted in designing a suspension system to help a patient with a walking rehabilitation robot.
Company website: bahealthcare.eu
- Mechanical engineering to design a mechanical suspension system of a patient. The system has to apply a vertical force in the most constant way possible along the patient's pelvis' moving range during an abnormal walk cycle (greatest displacement).
- Mechanical behavior and resistance computations depending on used parts and materials.
- Healthcare standards integration (safety, materials...).
- Team work: brainstorming, design meetings, integration to the rest of the robot...
- Secondary mission: maintenance of another robot on the operating ground, at Rennes' university hospital (disassembly on spot, debugging, connections revision, etc...).
- Secondary mission: mutual help with two other interns on different projects (non related to healthcare).
July 2016 - August 2016 - France (Rennes)